If you believe the information provided in the framework of medical statistics, every third person on the planet suffers from this or that pathology of the locomotor apparatus.
Most common are arthritis of different Genesis, as well as arthritis.
The third place in the structure of the described diseases is muscle pain myalgia. The most frequent pain in the back muscles. Despite the prevalence of this problem, the less dangerous the disease becomes.
Myositis (inflammation of muscles), which are accompanied by pain is a potentially disabling condition.
What you need to know about such misfortunes? Try to understand
What are the pain in the muscles of the back, and what complications
Pain in the back muscles are a common symptom of a disease such as myositis. At first glance, the pathology seems harmless: it seems like in addition to discomfort nothing there, moreover, with the passage of time the pathology goes "in there" by itself. It is a profound mistake. Myositis danger lies in the complications. Among the most frequent is calcification of muscles. In fact, the disease does not pass, it is silent and transparent to the patient continues to flow gradually, in the chronic form.
Calcification leads to formation of static elements in the muscle and prevents the normal reduction of muscle fibers. This is a direct path to poor circulation: "dura" is simply the muscles compress the blood vessels. Especially dangerous is the condition localized to the neck: muscles com the arteries that feed the brain. It is fraught with stroke. No less dangerous myositis of the thoracic and lumbosacral spine. In this case, the danger lies in the compression of the nerve roots: this condition could easily lead to paresises and paralyses even heavy. Because it is so important time to get medical assistance.
Reasons for sore back muscles
There are many possible reasons for sore back muscles.
- The first and most common is recently transferred the disease infectious-inflammatory nature. This is exactly what is called "cheated." The influence of low temperatures on the muscles leads to local immunosuppression and inflammation. Hence the pain and discomfort.
- Autoimmune diseases. In this case, the immune system takes its own muscle cells for dangerous pathogens and initiates protective responses. This is the most complex type of disease that requires a careful approach to treatment. This includes collagenosis, etc.
- The presence of chronic inflammation. The reason why your muscles get sore back can make even bad teeth, and diseases of the throat and nasopharynx.
- Rare, however, common among dog lovers the reason the helminth infections, particularly echinococcosis. With blood flow the representatives of this helminth are carried throughout the body and can "settle" in the eyes, brain, liver, and muscle. In this case, in the structure of muscle fibers formed cysta-sicut capsule with Echinococcus. To diagnose this type of myositis is difficult. Especially because not only Echinococcus infect the human body.
- The abuse of alcoholic beverages. Leads to intoxication, as well as muscle soreness.
- Exercise. Probably anyone who has ever engaged in intense physical activity, knows the meaning of pain in the muscles. In this case, the reason is simple: due to heavy load, the muscles straining and covered with microcracks. Then over time the muscle tissue is growing again. It is not dangerous, but unpleasant.
- Injuries in anamnesis. In this situation, the cause of the pain is clear.
- Permanent stay in an uncomfortable position.
If the sore muscles, the causes must be sought among the above factors.
And related symptoms
Any myositis symptoms appears bright (except chronic). Among the most frequent manifestations:
- Pain. The main source of discomfort for inflammation of muscle tissue. The pain is intense, aching or nagging. Worse after physical activity, change of body position and overall after trying to stretch sore muscles. Spontaneously subsides in the morning, increased towards evening. Pain can be very intense, radiating into the chest, lower back, head, ears, lower jaw. May masquerade as angina, heart attack. Separator myalgia from heart problems "by eye" is not possible.
- The feeling of stiffness in the muscles. Felt like back upholstered tight corset. Discomfort increases after physical activity.
- The decrease in functional activity of the spine. Manifested because of intense pain.
- Feeling of foreign object in the back
As a rule, the clinical picture reveals all the symptoms together, but the possible options. This is especially true of chronic myositis of the dorsal muscles. In the case of chronic form of the disease in addition to weak pain the patient feels nothing.
Who is at risk
- The risk groups include:
- Persons engaged in work on the air. Are often exposed to low temperatures
- Professional athletes. In their myalgia is associated with overexertion of the muscle structures.
- People professionally engaged in physical work.
Diagnosis pain back muscles
From the point of view of diagnosis myalgia can be challenging as it is important Separator myositis from the diseases of the heart, lungs, stomach. It can be done only by a doctor. As a rule, diagnosis and treatment of myositis involved physicians, surgeons, working in tandem with therapists. In the primary examination, the expert asks questions and records all complaints. Then comes the turn corporis research (palpation) and functional tests to assess the capabilities of the back and spine in General. The main role of instrumental examinations. With their help, the doctor's certificate of diagnosis.
Among the studies:
- The x-rays. Allows to fix problems with the bone structures of the spine. This is an important step of differential diagnosis. The main disadvantage is the lack of visualization of muscle structures related to soft tissues.
- MRI diagnosis. Gives detailed images of the affected areas muscles. Suitable for detection testopodobnymi entities, including echinococcosises.
- Puncture. Used in the presence of cystic cavities in the muscles. Required to detect parasitic lesions
For the purposes of differential diagnosis can be assigned to other examination methods:
- ECG. ECG can detect heart problems.
- Respiratory function is necessary for evaluating the functional state of the lungs.
- Radiography of the chest cavity.
In some cases, are informative and laboratory tests. In particular, assigned to the General analysis of blood. In the pattern of blood — leukocytosis, increased erythrocyte sedimentation rate, low red blood cell count. Direct signs of inflammation.
The complex of these surveys is sufficient for accurate diagnosis.
Sore back muscles treatment
Treatment when sore back muscles, mainly medical. In the case of therapy used:
- Antispasmodic drugs (to relieve spasm of the muscles).
- Analgesics. Used to relieve pain.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs. Necessary to eliminate inflammation in the affected muscles.
- Antibiotics. Appointed in purulent infectious myositis.
- The muscle relaxants. Allow to remove pathological muscle tension.
Drugs is the first step on the road to full recovery. Then comes the turn of physiotherapy and massage. They can be assigned as in the period of exacerbation and in the remission phase. Specific names of procedures and medications determined by a doctor. To make their own drugs is strictly prohibited.
In extreme cases, if there is abscess or hydatid cyst, surgery is indicated. Fortunately, this happens rarely.
Sore back muscles: prevention
Prevention, if the sore back muscles, this is quite easy. Among the recommendations:
- It is not necessary to SuperCool. It is fraught with occurrence of myositis.
- All sources of chronic inflammation must be promptly sanitized.
- If you are experiencing a strange pain, you must contact your therapist or surgeon.
- It is important to stop Smoking and alcohol abuse
So as long as the patient can maintain health.
Myositis — not harmless. Started pathological process could lead to loss of performance. So not worth the risk. Vigilance is the main companion of a healthy person.