One of the most common problems of modern people are often pains in the back and the abdomen, which arise at the same time. Such feelings are signs of chronic diseases or more serious consequences, for example, bleeding that require emergency care.
Localization of pain
In order to find out what could cause pain in the back and stomach at the same time, you should try to determine their localization. If the back pain is all clear enough, spasms of the stomach can be highly uncertain.
To simplify the diagnosis of stomach schematically divided into left and right halves. For various diseases the pain can be localized in the umbilical region, in the iliac region and in the hypochondrium, to the left or right. In addition, the possible wandering of pain, able to change the localization or go to another area. For example, back pain, and these cramps felt in lower abdomen or thighs.
Pain in the back and stomach at the same time arise from the fact that in the abdominal cavity are important organ systems, and the lower part of the back is a screen that projects the most diseases. In most cases, these cramps occur in diseases such as:
- Peptic ulcer disease;
- Diseases of the joints;
- Injuries of the spine;
- Kidney disease;
- Rheumatoid arthritis;
- Intestinal infection;
- Gynecological and urological diseases;
- Inguinal and spinal hernia.
They may be blunt, acute, pulling, constricting, bursting.
Ulcer is a local damage to the gastric mucosa, which occurs due to excess acidity and bile, causes a violation of the basic digestive functions. Features of the disease are seasonal exacerbation alternating with remission.
Signs of peptic ulcers:
- Belching with a high acidity;
- Vomiting with bile flow;
- Reducing the weight of the patient;
- Pain in the area immediately under the xiphoid process.
In gastric ulcer the pain usually occurs after meals, in the localization of lesions on the walls of the duodenum, on the contrary, the pain occurs on an empty stomach, and eating much easier.
Is an inflammatory reaction of the gallbladder caused by stones that obstruct the flow of bile. The disease has both acute and chronic nature of the flow.
Symptoms of acute cholecystitis:
- The attacks of pain mainly in the right abdomen. They are acute, aggravated by palpation and displayed in the right part of the back;
- Painful sensations when pressed between the legs of the mastoid muscle;
- Increased pain when lifting the right leg straight;
- High body temperature;
- In rare cases, there is diarrhea;
- Nausea or vomiting.
Of secondary importance in the exacerbation of the disease is disturbance of blood supply and damage to the mucosa of the gallbladder.
The usual cause of attack is excessive stretching of the gallbladder due to the violation of the outflow of bile from a stone has closed the duct.
The symptoms of a typical attack of biliary colic:
- Sharp pain in the right hypochondrium, passing the right shoulder. Sometimes the spasms spread to the whole abdomen and give your back and neck;
- Usually attacks occur at night;
- Frequent vomiting, which brings relief to the patient;
- The pallor and moisture of the skin, sometimes, there are signs of obstructive jaundice;
- Pain increases during inhalation;
- Fever, chills;
- Increased pain, while rapping doctor costal arch of the right side edge of the hand;
- Brown urine and light feces.
- Acute pain increases on palpation of the abdomen;
- Tense muscles on the right side of the hypochondrium;
The most common disease with pain in the back and stomach at the same time is pancreatitis. Which manifests itself as inflammation of the pancreas.
- Frequent vomiting with admixture of bile that occurs after eating;
- Girdle pains in the abdomen and right side lower back;
- Intense pain under xiphoid process;
- Constant spasms of the abdomen, mostly in the area of the stomach;
- Dry mouth, belching, and hiccups;
- Dark urine.
Other types of diseases
Pain in the abdomen and lower back are not always symptoms of diseases of the stomach or gynecological problems. Girdle pain in the abdomen and back may occur with such dangerous diseases as:
- Diseases of the musculoskeletal system.
The Appendix, as well as the cecum is covered by peritoneum from all sides. Inflammation often occurs due to an infection or subjects of a foreign origin, if the patient has swallowed them. The pain is usually localized on the right side of the abdomen, in rare cases, it may give the stomach, lower back and navel area. It can be moderate permanent and slowly moves in the lumbar spine. The patient may complaining of the liver, begin diarrhea, and fever, and in rare cases there is a violation of urination
Sometimes back pain occurs as symptoms of malignant tumors. Bladder cancer is the root cause of most problems of the organ systems, and also concentrates the pain to adjacent organs, including the spine. The disease is accompanied aching stomach pain with backache in your lower back. Most often this cancer affects men, among women the percentage of those who got sick enough low.
Among the diseases of the musculoskeletal system most often, pain in the back and stomach simultaneously occur in osteochondrosis, which affects the joints of the musculoskeletal system and causes degenerative disorders. Most often exposed to diseases of the intervertebral discs. Distinguish osteochondrosis of the lumbar, thoracic and cervical spine.
Causes of pain in men
Pain of this nature in men are much rarer, and in the event be charged for excessive exercise and wrong routines. However, lower abdominal pain in men require a serious approach, because most are symptomatic of the serious problems with the genitourinary system. They indicate the presence of diseases such as:
- Inflammation of the testicles and their appendages,
- Inguinal hernia;
- Sexual infections;
Causes of pain in women
Because of physiological peculiarities of an organism of the female is often a pain in lower abdomen and lower back. The reasons for this are:
- Features of the menstrual cycle;
- Inflammatory diseases;
- The presence of cystic neoplasms;
Very serious consequences may be girdle pains on the background of benign or malignant tumors in the pelvic organs.
When twisting of the ovarian cyst, the disintegration of large tumors, as well as at break or ovarian cysts there is a dangerous situation for human life and requires immediate treatment. With the untimely assistance provided content tumors when injected into the abdominal cavity may cause acute peritonitis.
Inflammation of the pelvic organs
Abdominal pain and lower back pain is often a symptom of diseases that cause inflammation of the female reproductive organs, for example, when:
- Infections of the genitourinary system;
- Inflammation of the appendages, uterus, ovaries, and vagina;
During pregnancy often pulls the lower back due to the increased load on the spine and on the background of physiological and hormonal changes.
Pain in the abdomen and back at the same time usually occurs due to incorrect digestive system or cause excessive stress on the growing uterus, most often in a multiple pregnancy aches gut.
However, back spasms and abdomen in the first trimester require immediate hospitalization, as it is often a sign of miscarriage.
To what doctor to address?
If pain occur repeatedly, then it is advisable not to delay the visit to the clinic. The best solution will be to visit a therapist who will carry out an initial inspection. This will help to determine the course of action and to appoint a consultation with a specialist narrow profile. When back pain and stomach may need help:
The inflammatory nature of the disease can be identified by blood tests and urine. And tomography, ultrasound and x-ray to exclude pathology.
If you need urgent medical care?
Pain in the lower back and abdomen can be a symptom of such acute illnesses such as appendicitis, pancreatitis, intestinal obstruction, ectopic pregnancy or spontaneous miscarriage.
Each of these diseases seriously threatening human life and requires immediate hospitalization. The main symptom in most cases is acute pain, signs of extreme intoxication, vomiting, and high fever. It is very important to prevent poisoning of the body and not to develop sepsis or peritonitis.
Other possible symptoms
In most cases, spasms in the back are accompanied by additional symptoms which indicate the cause of the pain.
With pancreatitis possible symptoms such as:
- High fever, low or high blood pressure;
- Foamy feces with a pungent odor;
- Disorders of defecation, constipation or diarrhea;
- Vomiting with remnants of food and bile;
- Perhaps the development of necrosis or abscess.
Acute appendicitis can occur:
- Protective tension of the abdominal muscles;
- A significant difference between rectal and axillary temperature;
- The difficulty with self-lifting of the right foot;
- Gas accumulation in the rectum;
- Signs of General toxicity.
In addition to severe pain in the lower back or stomach, intestinal obstruction is accompanied by:
- A delay of gases;
- Inability of bowel movement;
- Asymmetry and swelling of the abdominal region.
Clinical studies have noted a sharp decline and slow growth chronic gonadotropin human.