If back pain, sometimes not all know to what doctor to address. This is due to the fact that the back can hurt for a variety of reasons: neurological, orthopedic, manual therapy. So what was the doctor to go if you back pain? In this we will try to understand in this article.
You should pay attention
To pain every person over the age of 30 for once in my life, but complained. But not everyone at the slightest discomfort go to the doctor. Meanwhile we should not ignore the advice of a doctor when back pain is not occasional, but regularly.
You should pay attention and take notice:
- Spine hurts at the end of the day, even if the load was small.
- The symptoms are accompanied by a cross in various parts of the spine: the neck, chest, lower back.
- The pain experienced in different parts of the body: shoulder, arm, leg, chest.
- If the temperature rises, numb hands and feet.
- My back hurts for a few days, weeks or months in a row.
- Along with a sick spine and internal organs, while the back pain is sharp and in the bodies of dull, oppressive.
- Spine hurts after a fall, a bad turn or past illnesses.
The nature of back pain
Which doctor will have to go if you are debilitating the discomfort in the back, so is determined by the Department of pain spine, what is the nature of the pain, gives or in other parts of the body pain. Discomfort in the spine may be not only due to diseases of the spine, but also due to kidney disease, heart, cancer tumors, lung and bronchus.
The back can be disturbed under various conditions, for example:
- When turning the head there is pain in the thoracic spine, may give heart, to catch your breath.
- When turning the head or prolonged stay in one position, tilting the head is a pain in the neck, the syndrome may be accompanied by dizziness, blackouts, tinnitus.
- During lifting of the hands, torso twists, head tilting can be a pain in the chest, which is both single and accompanied by additional symptoms.
- When bending the torso, bends, and other manipulations may have pain in lower back and tailbone, sometimes the syndrome may give a leg, a buttock.
- Also the spine can wear down discomfort in the blades or between them.
Moreover, you should pay attention to what kind of pain occurs, how and when it manifests itself:
- With a cross or not.
- It is enhanced under certain conditions or not.
- Whether it is accompanied by additional symptoms.
- Gives or in other parts of the body or not.
What specialists deal with back problems?
Depending on the cause of the pain this problem is dealt with by many experts.
- Neurologist and neurologist physicians who deal with back problems, if the cause was a violation of reflexes or any neurological pathology. Survey instruments in such cases are special needles, hammers.
- M. D. — a doctor who deals with back pain caused by osteochondrosis and other diseases of the spine. Treatment of this doctor takes place after the examination by such techniques as ultrasound, x-rays, MRI, CTG.
- Therapist – a specialist who deals with unpleasant sensations in the spine, the causes of which were not degenerative processes in the tissues and vertebrae, and inflammation and diseases in which the reverse reaction is stiffness and pain in the spine. In this case, the doctor will examine the patient and rule out (or confirm) the disease, which led to the emergence of back pain are: heart, kidney, gastrointestinal tract, lungs and bronchi. Find diseases by means of laboratory studies of urine, blood, sputum, an EKG, ultrasound and others. If the disease is confirmed, the therapist determines which doctor the patient should consult: cardiologist, gastroenterologist, urologist, nephrologist.
- Trauma deals with issues of the spine when the injury (a bruise, fracture, tensile, shear). Back pain is preceded by mechanical damage of the patient.
- A chiropractor deals with the spine, if the pains become different posture: scoliosis, kyphosis.
Tips suffering from back pain
The above listed specialists who deal with back pain, however, the list may be incomplete because some causes of pain are not fully understood so far, and the problem may not be limited to conservative methods of treatment. If methods without surgical intervention has proved powerless, to the process of treatment connect surgeons that solve the problem of operational methods.
Our website can recommend to our readers the following:
- Do not self-medicate, sooner is better to consult a doctor than to run the disease and bring it to the operating table.
- Try to determine from what moment began to feel back, what the reason was, remember what had taken drugs and did them.
- Do not ignore accompanying symptoms (fever, heart pain, fever, rales in the chest, tachycardia and arrhythmia, shortness of breath, etc.).
- Tell the doctor about the patient has previous illnesses, existing chronic diseases and other necessary to treat the facts (pregnancy, lactation, administration of any medications, allergies).
- Start to solve the problem with a trip to the therapist, after a thorough investigation, it will direct you to the correct specialist.
So, wondering which doctor to go if worried about the back, refer primarily to the therapist, that will help eliminate disease and will direct to the right specialist who will be engaged in solving problems.