Excessive physical exertion, problems with the spine and other pathologies can cause pain in the left side of the waist. Quite often discomfort develop into more severe manifestations when any movements cause severe pain. In some cases it is difficult to determine what triggered the discomfort in the left side of the waist, so you should consider all possible causes. What factors and types is caused by the pain left behind, and what could be the causes, learn on.
If the pain is localized directly in the lower back, often it may indicate diseases of the spine. But few know that the lumbar area contains a large number of major nerves and is also responsible for the projection of pain kidney, intestine, ovary. Among the most harmless of reasons that cause pain in the lower back on the left, are the following:
- physical overexertion of muscles;
- inflammation of muscle tissue caused by hypothermia;
- lack of exercise and sedentary lifestyle.
Other causes associated with the presence of pathologies will be discussed further.
Diseases of the urinary system
This group includes such diseases as:
- Pyelonephritis of the left kidney – triggered inflammatory process that affects parenchyme tissue and pelvis of the kidney, not allowing it to fully carry out its excretory function.
- Glomerulonephritis is an inflammatory disease of the immune nature that affects the glomeruli of the kidneys, making it unviable.
- Urolithiasis (IBC) – is determined by a high content of salts in the urine that form the stones (stones) can clog the ureters.
- Cystitis – inflammation of the bladder, where the infection of the urinary canal, and the bladder.
All these diseases can cause pain in the left side rear on the back, so do not delay their diagnosis and treatment.
Kind of pain
For each disease there are different symptoms. In cystitis the pain is in the groin, and the level of left side lower back – this area irradiatio where pain gives. Pyelonephritis and glomerulonephritis are defined by the presence of spastic and unbearable pain on the left side (if the inflammation falls on the left kidney) the pain, which increases with the slightest gestus. Urolithiasis, which is characterized by the presence of stones that move and plugging the lumen of the duct, appears sharp, cutting and stabbing pain.
As additional symptoms can distinguish the presence of swelling on the skin, problems with urination and increase in body temperature, which is characteristic of the inflammatory process.
The pain is localized in the upper part of the lumbar spine, extending to the left part of the back and gluteal region.
Kidney and urinary system in General is diagnosed in the following way:
- The urine and blood tests – helps to identify the presence of inflammation (increased WBC), and high salt content.
- Renal ultrasound – shows their condition, the presence of tumors and calculi, and the ability to carry out its functions.
- Palpation and tapping localization of the kidneys – if provokes increased pain, then the diagnosis is correct.
- A radiograph helps to determine the presence and size of stones.
As in most cases of the disease were caused by the development of pathogenic organisms, in treatment of using antibiotics of a wide profile. For the normalization of the outflow of urine and reduce the swelling using diuretics. Auxiliary drugs that can normalize the functioning of the urinary system are:
- antifungal drugs;
All these diseases, if not timely treatment that can become chronic, thus depriving him of the normal life.
Since we are talking about the excretory system, you should not ignore the appearance of back pain in the lumbar region.
Diseases of the respiratory system
Nagging pain in left lower back can be caused by diseases such as:
- Left-sided pneumonia – inflammation of the left lung, which is caused by the presence of pneumococci, staphylococci and haemophilus sticks.
- Pleuropneumonia is inflammation localized in the lower part of the left lung, capturing part of the pleura (pleurisy develops in parallel).
The treatment of these diseases is quite long, and the consequences can be very sad, even to death.
Kind of pain
When these diseases occur rapiente lower back pain in left side. On the inhale discomfort can increase, comes the tingling in the left hypochondrium. In advanced stages of lung disease the pain may be girdled and rapiente, gives to the left side and bottom of the waist.
Discomfort increasing in the sternum, giving the lower back. If the cause is not related to pathologies of the left lung, rapid breathing, blue lips and the increase in temperature is not marked.
Usually, soreness of the waist in the presence of lung diseases, referred to as the additional symptoms that occur during the initial examination of the patient. Further diagnostics may include such tools as:
- X-ray of the lungs shows the presence of foci of inflammatory process.
- Complete blood count, urinalysis.
- Sputum analysis to identify the type of agent, it helps to choose the most appropriate treatment options.
- MRI of the chest – is used in especially severe cases when the disease struck more than 50% of the volume of the lung.
Need advice ENT and pulmonologist.
In this case, of no self, and especially with the use of alternative medicine, it can not go. Only a comprehensive diagnosis placed under the supervision of experts, which is combined with the proper treatment, can show a positive trend in treatment.
The main goal of treatment is to eliminate inflammation and reduce pain. For this purpose, such groups of medications as:
- The tetracycline antibiotics.
- Antipyretics and pain medications that relieve the symptomatic manifestations of the disease.
- Mucolytics and drugs that thin the phlegm and accelerate its discharge.
- Vitamin C which strengthens the immune system.
It is important to consume a warm drink in large quantities, which allows you to quickly remove the dying microbes from the body, thereby helping it to quickly deal with inflammation.
Inflammation of the ovary
Oophoritis, which is a consequence of salpingitisis characterised by the presence of inflammatory process in the ovary, in which a sore lower back on the left side. Pathogenic microorganisms that enters the body of the ovary through the fallopian tube, actively multiplies in a supportive environment and the woman can experience such unpleasant symptoms as:
- discharge from the genital tract;
- pain during sexual intercourse;
- painful menstruation;
- the failure of the cycle.
Kind of pain
The pain is sharp, pulling, turning into aching.
Sharp localized pain in the lower abdomen, spreading over the lumbar region on the left side.
In the presence of pulling and aching pain in the lower abdomen and lower back will need to consult a gynecologist who will perform such diagnostic measures as:
- inspection on the gynecological chair;
- smear on pathogenic microflora;
- Ultrasound of the pelvic organs;
Back pain in the lumbar region, which is directly related to other gynecological problems, will disappear only when it is eliminated as its cause. As therapy oophoritis use:
- Antibacterial therapy fights the causative agent of the inflammatory process.
- Pain relief therapy – relieves pain and unpleasant symptoms of disease.
- Antispasmodics – clean muscle spasm.
- Immunomodulators and vitamins that contribute to the restoration and strengthening of natural protective properties of the organism.
At the time of gestation, especially in the third trimester, the body is under increased load. A constant weight gain of the baby, as well as the increase in its dimensionsleads to the fact that the uterus is putting pressure on nearby tissues and organs. It can provoke unpleasant sensations, when it hurts the left side of the waist, pull to the side, causing the feeling of fatigue.
Such manifestations are not associated with disease and disappear after delivery.
Kind of pain
Aching, dull surrounding. Increases with movement, disappear independently after a good rest.
Pain in the lower back, giving in the groin and perineum.
Diagnostic measures are based on the examination of the pregnant and the ultrasound study of the fetus.
In the absence of visible abnormalities, the woman is recommended to do exercises for pregnant women that will strengthen the muscles of back and waist, and more rest and fresh air.
Inflammatory processes in the intestine
Enteritis, colitis, duodenitis and enterocolitis is a bowel diseasethat is characterized by the presence of the inflammatory process. They all affect different parts of the intestine, causing discomfort and problems with absorption of food. These diseases can cause pain not only in their anatomical location, but also to give to the lower back.
At the same back pain in the lumbar region on the left, the temperature rises and there have been problems with a chair.
Kind of pain
Sharp, rapiente pain that primarily occurs in 15-20 minutes after a meal.
Spastic unpleasant and localized pain in the umbilical region, to irradiate the lower back.
If the physician while interviewing the patient has a suspected pathology of the intestine, is assigned to this diagnosis:
- The analysis of urine, blood and feces.
- Endoscopy of the stomach and intestines, and a biopsy.
- Colonoscopy, which helps to assess the condition of the bowel and to detect the localization of the inflammatory process.
Therapy depends on what was the root cause of the disease. Typically use antibacterial and symptomatic therapy, which helps to destroy pathogens and to remove the unpleasant sensation of pain. An integral part is the food.
Compliance with strict diets several times to speed up the process of regeneration of damaged areas of the intestine.
If it hurts the left side of the lower back, no appetite, there is vomiting and pain in the left hypochondrium, it may indicate the presence of pancreatitis is an inflammatory process of the pancreas. It is because of the improper diet, where the predominant fatty and sugary food, alcohol and contact with highly toxic substances.
Kind of pain
Acute pain rapiente, very similar to sciatica. Peak of pain is necessary at the time of the meal.
The pain occurs in the left hypochondrium, giving in the lumbar spine. May be tinea.
Using these diagnostics, such as:
- The analysis of urine, blood and feces.
- Ultrasound of the pancreas.
- Palpation of the left hypochondriums.
In the first 2-3 days after acute pancreatitis of the person being treated on the principle of "Starvation. Cold. Peace." Can't eat or drink that could further irritate the pancreas. Cold in the region of its localization to reduce pain, and calm will help the body to tune in to speedy recovery. For treatment use such groups of medical drugs:
In some cases, surgery may be needed if damaged parts of the glands are excised and removed.
It is important to follow a strict diet, eliminating fatty and fried foods and all foods which have an increased load on the pancreas.
Before the arrival of the doctor it is necessary to lay the patient, to reassure and keep calm. Do not give painkillers, as they can lubricate the clinical picture of the disease that complicate his initial diagnosis.
Thus, the causes of back pain can be very diverse, including pathology of the digestive tract, cardiovascular system, and musculoskeletal system. It is not necessary to self-medicate, as this can be life-threatening.
Pain is always a reason to visit a doctor. No need to remove it, should deal with its cause.