Back pain is familiar to everyone. Sometimes a long stay in a comfortable position leading to discomfort and sometimes pain. Lower back pain and sides of the back – a symptom quite dangerous as there can be inherent in the pathological process.
Pain in the back can signal about diseases of different systems and internal organs. A very common symptom. Such pain happens, and temporary and permanent.
Causes of pain in the right and left side of the back
- problems of the respiratory system (pleural effusion, pneumonia, cancer of the bronchi or lungs, etc.);
- problems of the urinary and the genitourinary system (e.g. renal colic, pyelonephritis, prostatitis);
- gynecological diseases (nagging pain);
- the problem of the peripheral nervous system or spinal cord (cross);
- diseases of locomotor apparatus (in particular, osteochondrosis, osteomyelitis);
- dynamic factors associated with a bad movement or bad posture, excessive strain on the back;
- shock, trauma, fall.
Diseases of the respiratory system
This, of course, not about the cold, not about ARI, but about more serious diseases.
- the chest pain of a cutting nature;
- the pain depends on the respiratory movements;
- the pain radiates to the back.
May be accompanied by severe sudden pain in his chest. Sometimes this pain radiates to the shoulder blade.
- moderate or intense pain in the chest;
- pain in the shoulder blade;
- the pain gets worse when coughing, deep breathing;
- in the lungs rales;
- body temperature increased (fever).
Cancer of the lungs or bronchi
The nature of pain and its intensity may vary, they depend on the location and extent of the process.
- in pathology of the lung apex there is pain in shoulder blade, shoulder, arm;
- then there is pain in the chest;
- this pain is intensified by coughing, breathing, movements of the body.
- When lesions of the intercostal nerves the pain can be tinea in nature.
Of renal disease
In pathological processes in the kidneys of back pain corresponds to the sick kidney, that is, if sick right kidney, back pain on the right side.
Often occurs due to a bacterial infection.
- lower back pain dull, aching character;
- the pain may be of varying intensity;
- can be paroxysmal pain;
- nausea, vomiting;
- intoxication syndrome;
Chronic pyelonephritis can occur in constant dull aching pain in the lower back. The pain in this disease is most pronounced in wet cold weather.
In this disease in the urinary organs are forming stones. Pathology practically does not manifest itself until the onset of the attack:
- dull pain in the lower back;
- after exercise the pain is worse;
- increases after a ride (especially bumpy ride);
- increases after a long walk.
The very blockage of the ureter (that means attack) manifested by the following features:
- acute lower back pain;
- nausea, vomiting;
- the presence of blood in the urine.
- the pain is colicky;
- the pain is not relieved by changing body position.
The spinal cord and peripheral nervous system
The cause of back pain is often a herniated intervertebral disc, and in this pathology expressed pain much.
The pain is usually transmitted in the course of the patient's nerve, so starts to hurt not only the back but the part of the body, which is sent to the nerve.
Temporary pain on the right or left side can be triggered by various dynamic factors:
- sudden movement;
- awkward body position while sitting;
- a failed attempt to bend or to straighten up.
Excessive strain on the back muscles
Many cases of chronic or sporadic back pain is associated with significant stress.
Overexertion of the back muscles occurs in the following cases:
- sitting at a computer, especially a long;
- long stay behind a Desk;
- homework in the sitting position (knitting, sewing, etc.);
- long stay behind the wheel of a car.
Doctors recommend that work at the table to try deeper sits in a chair and lean on the back of a chair.
Lumbar pain, its syndromes
Typical girdle pain. Called degenerative-dystrophic changes of the spine. This condition is generally characteristic of degenerative disc disease, in which bone and cartilage are surprised. If affects intervertebral joints, the diagnosis spondylarthrosis'.
- infectious disease;
- stroke with disorders of the spinal blood circulation;
- fracture of the vertebrae (dorsal division);
- the displacement of the intervertebral discs;
- STDs (diseases that are sexually transmitted);
- other diseases of the pelvic organs.
Intervertebral hernia is a common problem. More often in people over 40, although it can appear at an early age.
The reason for the herniated disc – degeneration of muscle and connective tissue. The growth of the spine as if settles.
The vertebrae are pressed closer to each other, the discs between the vertebrae become flat, begin to bulge beyond the vertebral column. Because of this, the nerve roots are compressed. This leads to acute back pain. This pain may radiate to the leg.
The symptoms of the disease when girdling pain in the back
Shingles back pain, which gives to the side, can sometimes be the only symptom of any disease. For example, in the pathology of pelvic pain often happens in the sacral region, and in diseases of the abdominal organs the pain experienced in the lumbar region.
Often shingles pain has features of pain syndrome of the body which is affected.
If the pain gives to the left side, we can assume the presence of inflammatory process in the lower part of the colon.
- violations of the chair;
- rumbling in the abdomen;
- increased gas formation in the intestine.
Any shingles which either gives in Boca back pain requires qualified diagnosis to assign adequate therapy. Should not self-medicate!
Back pain right
Some causes of back pain right side:
- the Central part of the back – issues of the kidneys;
- under the shoulder-blade on the right – maybe a pinched nerve or lung disease (pneumonia, pleurisy, cancer of the lung and bronchus);
- under the ribs in the right side of the pancreas, gallbladder, liver.
- right rear low back pathology of the spine or a hernia between vertebrae or disorders in the urinary system;
- if the pain only happens in the morning, you may blame the wrong mattress, but not eliminated, and muscular dystrophy.
A few words more about the individual causes of pain on the right side of the back.
Characteristics of pain and symptoms:
- the pain may not subside for several days;
- sometimes the pain in the right side on the back gives to the right shoulder, shoulder blade or rib cage on the right;
- the pain is accompanied by fever;
- nausea, vomiting;
- bitter taste in the mouth;
- the muscles of the abdomen tense;
- can be spasms of the intestine;
- sometimes hearing loss;
- may be a runny nose;
- sometimes dizziness;
- All the symptoms are saying about the gallbladder disease. It is possible and the stones in the gallbladder. Then the patient needs surgery.
Pain in the back can occur suddenly, and may have a repetitive nature. In any case, should not delay the visit to a medical facility. And especially not encouraged to self-assign themselves with painkillers or physiotherapy, massage.
Taking pain drugs can lubricate the clinical picture of the disease and complicate the correct diagnosis and manual therapy, applied according to the testimony, can sometimes cause harm.
Only after diagnosis the doctor will prescribe the appropriate treatment – need painkillers and drugs to treat the underlying disease. Sometimes it may require surgical intervention. Do not forget that the pain from the back can sometimes indicate a serious disease, so timely treatment for medical help will help to maintain not only health, but sometimes life.
And, perhaps, unnecessary to say, a blow or fall, the injury should immediately call an ambulance, refer to the traumatologist to provide immediate assistance.