Night sleep is essential for a complete relaxation of the body. Rest all life support systems, including the musculoskeletal, especially back. Most people of different age categories face a problem when back pain night. This reduces the quality of rest, leaving the spinal muscles in an uncomfortable condition. Pain is the main symptom of the presence of problems with the joints, muscle tissues of the back or pathology of the internal organs. To eliminate this symptom not always easily and quickly.
Causes of pain
The presence of nocturnal pain in the spine is characterized by a variety of reasons. A person can easily feel all day, but if you have to take the situation lying down or when turning, when changing the posture, the back holds down the pain, feeling the aches in the bones. Painful sensations arise in a different period: during sleep, when waking up and often in the morning.
After awakening the person feels heaviness in the muscles and aching pain, stiffness, General fatigue, weakness. The pain is localized in different parts of the neck, sternum, lower back.
The grounds for such feelings are medical and personal factors. Non-medical is a home symptoms of pain:
- for example, an uncomfortable bed with the wrong mattress (the pain extends to the neck, but quickly passes in the first half of the day);
- an uncomfortable posture for sleep, insomnia;
- muscle fatigue, sedentary office work, sedentary lifestyle;
- the violation of physiological posture;
- physical back injury.
The presence of the disease:
- inflammatory and infectious processes in the internal organs;
- a condition of spasms in the muscles or muscle tension;
- disease of the joints;
- inflammation, caused by degenerative processes in the joints (discs, nerve endings);
- pathology of the spinal section;
- osteochondrosis of the cervical, thoracic, lumbar;
- degenerative changes and articular cartilage.
Back pain can signal about the existence of the following violations:
- inflammatory and spasmodic — hernia, osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, spondylitis, arthritis, spondylosis, osteoarthritis, rheumatism (fever and arthritis), gout, neuritis, and myositis;
- neuro-radicular tissue damage, nerve compression, sprains and squeezing — old fractures, psychosomatic symptoms, tumors and injuries of the spine;
- cardiovascular disease — angina;
- diseases of the respiratory system — pulmonary fibrosis, tuberculosis, pneumonia.
Before you start treatment, you must seek the assistance of a specialized doctor. Consultation in the presence of night pain syndrome can undertake such specialists: therapist, surgeon, neurologist, vertebrologist.
To identify the causes of pain are assigned a survey:
- Ultrasound and ECG;
- chest x-ray.
After the examination is assigned to individual treatment:
- Drug — taking analgesics, hormonal preparations, special anti-inflammatory injections, the use of anti-inflammatory and warming ointments.
- Physiotherapy — according to the physical condition and age of the patient is appointed medical gymnastics, stretching exercises and strengthening movements for muscle. This will help to restore blood flow, increase oxygenation and nutrients, and the pain will pass. The physician can take a course of acupuncture.
- Active lifestyle and therapeutic courses — access to the swimming pool. Swimming improves heart health, strengthens your posture and, as a consequence, the vertebral column. Course of massage specialists to restore the General tone of muscles, relieve tension and spasms. A course of manual therapy.
- Household summary — if the reason for the uncomfortable bed, you should change the mattress and pillows on orthopedic. Do not overwork the body before going to sleep, not to overeat and not to watch TV — it triggers insomnia, more tossing and turning and not resting.
- Folk remedies before going to sleep to wear a belt made of dog hair (use on medical advice). You can use warming lotions before going to sleep (from the tincture of horseradish, mustard).
How to relieve the pain
To relieve back pain after sleep or at night is recommended to RUB the affected area, rubbing his warm palm. Also, relief will come easy stretching exercises, turns and tilts body to the side.
If sharp pain, aching, you need to take an analgesic with a strong and unbearable sensations in the lumbar region, neck or mid-back you need to call an ambulance or to contact the experts yourself.
If the pain often disturbs and interferes with sleep, you should seek the advice of a doctor and treat the cause.
For the prevention of pain in the back, you must perform the following recommendations and rules:
- Healthy lifestyle, balanced diet, avoiding harmful habits, active lifestyle.
- The selection of suitable bedding and posture in order to be comfortable and cozy to sleep.
- Maintaining posture and control of body position.
- The implementation of preventive exercises, swimming pool and massage.
Causes of pain in the back due to the presence of disorder, and an unhealthy lifestyle. Any discomfort after sleep requires attention on the part of man and his conversion to a relevant specialist who deals in treatment of pathologies of the musculo-skeletal system. This is necessary for prevention and to prevent the development of diseases of the spine and joints.