"Sciatica", "grabbed back", "painful shots", "sciatica", "pull the foot", "degenerative disc disease" - diseases and uncomfortable symptoms faced by women and men of different ages. After physical exertion, exposure to cold, carry heavy bags when you work in an uncomfortable position, people frequently complain that back pain in the lumbar region.
The probable reasons
Pain in the lower back, shots in the lower back, neurological damage arise under the influence of external and internal negative factors. The longer the patient suffers painful symptoms, the more progressing disease. Waiver of annual medical examinations, especially after age 40, increases the risk of developing late stages of diseases of the musculoskeletal system and other parts of the body.
There are two groups of causes of back pain in the lumbar region:
- vertebrogenic - discomfort in the lower back develops on the background of pathologies of the spine;
- invertebrate - pain occurs as a result of defeat of organs of the urogenital system, intestine, cancer. Also, the discomfort often appears in pregnant women with excessive load on the lower back.
Vertebrogenic pain and neurological associated with various diseases of the spine and back muscles:
- lumbar degenerative disc disease;
- intervertebral hernias;
- degenerative sacroiliitis;
- protrusion of intervertebral discs;
- multiple sclerosis;
- intercostal neuralgia;
- a pinched nerve roots in the spine;
- ankylosing spondylarthrosis;
Also back pain and lower back occurs in the following cases:
- congenital malformations of the structure of the spine;
- the sudden increase in weight;
- menstruation, childbirth, pregnancy;
- conduct of epidural anesthesia;
- lifting weights.
The pain reflected the character on the background of other pathologies of organs:
- ureaplasmosis, chlamydia;
- complications of influenza, colds, sore throats;
- persistent constipation, colitis;
- the lesions of the gallbladder and liver;
- tumors of the digestive system;
- gynecological diseases;
- renal disease;
- polyps and neoplastic process in the uterus, the ovaries.
It is important to know the factors that provoke pain in the lower back:
- sedentary work;
- low motor activity;
- the abrupt transition to heavy loads;
- some sports: weightlifting, bodybuilding;
- frequent stress;
- scoliosis is 2-4 degrees;
- improper diet;
- heavy physical activity.
Pain in the lumbar area is different:
- weakly expressed;
Often added cerebral complications, neurological disorders in stenosis, a jamming of nerves and blood vessels:
- numbness, cold of the lower limbs and toes;
- "ants beneath the skin"
- reduced sensitivity of the affected area;
- painful shots, during which the pain experienced in the legs, groin area, buttocks in the course of the sciatic nerve;
- the pale skin on the feet;
- a limitation of the lumbar area;
- intermittent claudication;
- paralysis of the lower limbs.
Effective treatment options
The first stage is access to a doctor: a wrong diagnosis of a person without medical training, the use of unproven methods often harmful, lubricates picture of the disease, triggers the transition of acute forms to chronic. The result of self-pitiable: on the background of reduction of pain, masking symptoms, the doctors detect the running stage of the pathologies of the spine, treatment is long, costly, not always successful. In case of active degradation, the progression of degenerative processes of the patient often receives a disability group.
Conclusion! With the appearance of pain syndrome in the lumbar spine need to see a specialist: neurologist, traumatologist-orthopedist, vertebrologist. If you suspect the development of diseases of the organs of the pelvic area or of the kidneys need to see a urologist, a nephrologist, gynecologist, or proctologist.
- electrophoresis with Lidaza, Hydrocortisone, Euphyllinum;
- ozocerite and paraffin baths;
- pearl and turpentine baths;
- amplipulse therapy;
- electrical stimulation of the muscles.
Special exercises picks podiatrist or vertebrologist. The complex of therapeutic exercises can be performed after the reducing force of the inflammatory process, reduction of pain in the lower back.
Regular exercises improve blood circulation and nutrition of the elements of the spine, strengthen muscles, prevent stagnation. At pathologies of the spine it is important to have a good muscular corset to reduce the load on the bone tissue.
Complex physical therapy first need to perform under the supervision of a physiotherapist, after learning the exercises the patient practices at home. Good effect gives the use of special exercise machines for the back. Jumps, sharp turns, leg swings, Jogging, high weight training is prohibited. In addition to gymnastics courses can use the pool, go for long walks (be sure to relax the accumulation of fatigue).
Important element of therapy for many diseases in the lumbar area, a discomfort in the back and spine. Movement of a different nature warm up the muscles, relieve spasms, stimulate blood circulation, positively affect the General condition and mood of the patient.
For a noticeable therapeutic effect of massage should be done by a specialist. Improper lumbar and other back areas can accelerate the progression of disease. Massage course starting only with the permission vertebrologist or Traumatologist-orthopedist: when an active inflammatory process, traumas, displacement of the vertebrae it is impossible to put pressure on the problem area, accelerate blood circulation in the lesion.
For impact on a problem area in the lower back apply a variety of procedures and devices. All actions must approve traumatologist-orthopedist and vertebrologist. If lower back pain causes background pathology in other parts of the body, you need to consult a urologist, proctologist, gynecologist.
In coordination with a specialist are:
- manual therapy.
A positive assessment of vertebrologists received an original fixture:
- multi-needle applicator Lyapko;
- Kuznetsov applicator;
- the device Almag - 01 (magnetic pulses, which run the currents);
- warming belt back pain lower back neoprene and wool;
- supporting corset for the lumbar spine.
Folk remedies and recipes
Phytotherapeutists offer dozens of recipes for reducing inflammation, eliminating pain in the lower back. Home remedies used as additional therapy only in consultation with vertebrologist or podiatrist. Phytomedication taken orally, applied to the problem area in the form of ointments, compresses, body wraps.
In acute inflammation warming compounds it is prohibited to use: the pathological process occurs more actively, infection (in the presence of pathogens in the tissues) quickly spreads throughout the body.
Effective folk remedies:
- compress on the back of fresh or steamed leaves of burdock;
- warming ointment based on petroleum jelly with camphor, fir, rosemary, lavender, orange, or eucalyptus oil;
- the combination of mustard plaster with honey;
- a compress of vegetable oil and garlic;
- infusion of chamomile, thyme and St. John's wort;
- hot compress of mustard powder;
- ointment with melted butter (pork fat) and medicinal herbs: plantain, pine buds, anise, chamomile, burdock root, sage leaves and birch;
- infusions, decoctions for oral administration based on herbs, flowers, fruits, and roots. Useful plants: mint, violet, chamomile, St. John's wort, knotweed, calendula, burdock root. Activate metabolism, reduce inflammation, restore the body with useful components of poplar buds, roots wheat grass, Valerian, immortelle, dandelion, Highlander snake, white willow bark.
Lower back pain is a signal about the problems in the spine or other organs in the lower back. You should see a doctor, be examined, to determine the cause of discomfort and a diagnosis, get treatment.